- KLN was launched in Pioneer Women's Hall, Ellen Melville Centre in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Tayyaba presents as part of a panel on ‘Investing in the Self-Reliance of Migrant & Refugees’ at the Global Donors Forum in London, United Kingdom.
- Hosted our first biennial conference ‘Seeds of Ilm’ at AUT South Campus in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Launched the first New Zealand Muslim Awards in Auckland.
- Registered with the Charities Services Ngā Ratonga Kaupapa Atawhai.
- Hosted the first vigil following the Christchurch Terrorist Attack on 16 March at Aotea Square, Auckland.
- Issued an open letter to generate pressure on the NZ government to address the mass incarceration of Uyghur Muslims in China, by calling for the donations from the Chinese community towards those affected by the Christchurch Terror Attack be redirected to support Uyghur Muslims incarcerated in China instead. The letter generated international debate on the interconnectedness of the violence towards Muslims, and the global rise of Islamophobia. The action also led to sufficient pressure on Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to raise concerns over the millions impacted.
- Hosted the second New Zealand Muslim Awards 2019 in Auckland.
- Awarded the first government funded grant by UNESCO NZ for ‘Our Hijrah’ project.
- Administered Zakat to those affected by COVID-19.
- Launched KLN’s website.
- Employed Maryum Nasir, the organisation’s first social worker.